Rendez-Vous Franco Arab - Amman International Film Festival – Awal Film - 2023
As a part of Amman International Film Festival – Awal Film, we're pleased to announce its exceptional film line-up for its 4th edition, due to take place between 15 and 22 August 2023. The rich and vibrant programme is supplemented by activities dedicated to film professionals in the presence of filmmakers, actors and actresses, international professionals and producers.
For the third year in a row, the Festival hosts the Franco-Arab Rendez-Vous, a non-competitive section that includes seven feature films either French or co-produced with France, in addition to four short films winners of two Franco-Arab competitions held in parallel in Jordan and France.
Franco Arab Rendez-Vous films which will be screened during this edition are:
- Omar la Fraise – The King of Algiers, directed by Elias Belkeddar (Algeria, France)
- The Dam, directed by Ali Cherri (Lebanon, France)
- Harka, directed by Lotfy Nathan (Tunisia, France)
- Houria, directed by Mounia Meddour (Algeria, France)
- Under the Fig Trees, directed by Erige Sehiri (Tunisia, France)
- Nezouh, directed by Soudade Kaadan (Syria, France)
Screenings will take place at Taj Cinemas, the drive-in theatre in Abdali, the open-air theatre at the Royal Film Commission – Jordan and Rainbow Theatre. In order to reach a larger audience in Jordan, some screenings are organized in the governorates.
Tickets can be purchased online on: www.aiff.jo and at two selling points at the Film Library of the Royal Film Commission – Jordan and in TAJ Cinemas, as of 6 August 2023 at reasonable prices accessible to the public.
Read more about the festival HERE