The French Institute of Jordan (IFJ), Amman is the cultural operator of the French Embassy in Jordan. It is located in one of the oldest neighborhoods of the capital of the Hashemite Kingdom, at the top of Jabal Webdeh, ever since it was created in 1963. Thanks to the work of the successive teams, the “markaz” has completely integrated in the environment of this cultural hill. The IFJ has fourteen classrooms, one exhibition room and one cafeteria-media library. Today, the IFJ offers several services and activities:
- French and Arabic courses (for groups or individuals) ;
- Exams and diplomas in French (DELF, DALF, TEF, TCF, DFP…);
- A media library (with more than 12 000 publications in French, CDs, DVDs, comics, adult books, youth books, magazines…);
- Campus France office to provide information for Jordanians wishing to study in France;
- Cultural events, regular or exceptional, all year long: concerts, dance performances, plays, cinema festivals, gastronomy week, conferences and debates, exhibitions at or outside the institute…
Moreover, the French Institute of Jordan regularly helps local Jordanian cultural actors execute their projects.